Logo

Very little water coming from pee hole

Ashley

Very little water coming from pee hole. replaced impeller, seals, gaskets stainless plate.
of course I had already checked peehole for blockage checked intake still very little water

I forgot to state it is a 50hp honda. I also removed thermostat and ran without, it made no differance I did clean and reinstall the thermostat.

How did you check for blockage in the telltale? Did you check for corrosion at the nipple where the tell tale hose connects to the water jacket?

If a piece came off your old impeller, then it gets lodged in the water passages. With lower unit removed, back flush with a strong water flow from the thermostat opening.

I've never worked on a 50, but I would pull the hose from the nipple on the water jacket/block and cheack to see if the nipple is clear, and then make sure the hose is totally clear. Corrosion tends to build up at the nipple, especially in saltwater.

I ran weedeater string into the nipple on the water jacket (20") no blockage.

I noticed that I have water coming out of the exhaust (center of prop) I don,t know if this is normal.

Maybe leaking at the back of water pump? I did replace both gaskets and the seal at the bottom of the water tube

You did not say if you were running this in the water or on a hose.

If on a hose, you should cover the water intake that is just above the prop with duct tape. Also, but sure that the rabbit ears are very tight on the side water pickups.

The 50's do not pump well some times on a hose. Especially, if you do not block the third water pickup.

Yes water should come out the prop.

Mike

Back