Logo

Changing shaft seal on Bukh DV10LSME Saildrive

micha571

Hi,

I need to change the sealing ring on the shaft of my Bukh DV10 saildrive, since it is leaking oil. I know the right way would be to screw off the lower saildrive-housing, and then change the seal. But the six screws holding the housing are totally rounded off, there is no way of getting them out without damaging the housing.
So my question is: Is there a chance of changing the seal from the outside, after removing propeller and zinc anode? I have attached an explosion view, the sealing ring is no 20 there.

Thanks for any help!
Michaelsaildrive.jpg

Hi Micha571
i have just had my selector gear in the leg shatter so i have the bottom housing off and the housing that holds the shaft seal is held in by a few washers. ive just realised how late my response is so you probably have solved the problem by now..
my question is where you found that exploded view of the saildrive?
do you have any more exploded views of the saildrive or even a spare parts list?
i found a spare parts manual for what seems to be a saildrive leg with only forward gear..
any help would be great!
thanks,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

the explosion view is from a complete spare parts list for engine and saildrive.
You can download it (pdf) from here:

www.lsm-diesel.dk

From the main site, click the english flag. Then click "Bukh parts" on the left. Then click "Bukh DV8-10LSME".
Then you will find "Spare parts catalog (Internal parts-pdf)" on the middle. Left click on this link and you can download it (2MB).
If it does not work, send me a pm with your email, then I can mail you the parts list.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Michael

Back