Logo

any ideas what make of gearbox

michaelfish

i have taken this gear box of my boat its on a bmc 1.5 diesal engine which needs a couple of parts for it the only numbers i can find on it are 35764 1659 wf it is 21.5 inches long the unusual thing is there is no spline to slot into the fly wheel instead there are 4 rubber grommits with steel outers to them which slot into 4 holes in the fly wheel as can be seen in the pictures i have added so if any one knows the maker and or model number and wheather you can still get parts for this gearbox would be of great help thanks a lot for reading this and many happy hours boating to you all

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17
welcome to the board.

no idea what you have there...may wann check with the boat (hull) builder and see if thye can point you in the correct direction. If no luck there, I'd suggest Hale Marine, in Virginia....not too much they can't fix or get parts for. You may also want to email the moderators and ask them to move your thread to the Marine Gear heading.

thanks for that i will try your ideas will post how i get on a good point ive manager to source new rubber gromets ( the ones that go into the gear box 2 of them are smashed )
so all i need is a front oil seal :cool:

Back