Logo

2000 100 hp Yamaha

pagraham

I will be picking up a 2000 100 hp Yamaha this week, I'm told it never ran right. Did these engines have any specific issues with the carborators? The motor has set up several months, I'm thinking I should go through the carbs, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

The motor is hung, wing harness, battery cables and temporay fuel line connected. Stuck it a test tank and it fired right up, ran rough until it warmed up, then smoothed out. I will install throttle and shifter cables and get everything installed on the console this weekend and go for a test run.

Justintime, I see 1 in line filter ahead of the fuel pumps, what are you refering to?

Tigershark,I'm going to run her under load to see how it really runs before I tear into the carbs, I have the Seloc manual and just started reading it, seems pretty good. I had a 1996 75 hp Honda on the same boat for a while and became very proficient at goint thru the carbs and setting them back up, so I won't be afraid to work on these carbs just want to read on them a bit more,

Thanks

The motor is fully rigged, gased up today and started her on a hose in the driveway. Started easily each try, ran very rough and died quite a few times at idle. When cold it does not like any throttle. After warming up a bit the idle smoothed out but the motor boggs when throttled up and then dies. The story is, motor was on a coast guard auxillery boat, was running not exactly right, was taken to 3 different yamaha shops none could get it to run right, discouraged the owner had it removed and moved on.
I will go through the carbs myself, any pointers from those in the know, thanks

Last edited:
I've got the carbs and intake off and on the bench, I have run a wire through all the fuel lines and there is nothing in there, 1 carb clean and 3 to go

Got it all back together yesterday, the idle adjustment screws were all set different from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns out from seat across the 4 carbs, none were the same. I set them all at 2 1/2 turns out from seat. The motor fired right up and idled strong. Took it out today and was very pleased, the engine ran perfect, very strong and quiet, I still need to sinc the carbs but hard to believe it's gonna run much better than it does now, thanks for the help.

Back