Logo

2005 115 hp yamaha outboard not starting

pirogue181

hi guys

I was fishing yesterday and the engine was working fine then all of a sudden as i was driving it cut out and never started again. It turns and sparks just wont start. Got it started a few times yesterday but every time it started it was idoling very rough then it would die

Please help

Re: 2005 115 yamaha outboard not starting

Remove the fuel line from the engine and pump some fuel into a clear glass jar and take a look. Yamaha Carbs do not like water. They clog very easily.

Re: 2005 115 yamaha outboard not starting

If it is water in the carburetors you would remove a plug near the bottom of a carburetor to determine if in fact there is water?-----------Drain / flush till you have no more water in the system.--------------Costs nothing to find out and eliminate water , if in fact the problem is water.

Mate. I've got the same problem and I've had the carby cleaned out of all water. Replaced the old fuel, filter, primer bulb, and fuel lines. New spark plugs have been put in and it still runs the same issues. If you get yours fixed please let me know coz. I'm keen to get back in the water.

you need to sync your carbs

also you have primers on that carb you need to remove and clean and also check to see if they move
those will cause problems

Back