Logo

Miami boat show new honda ????

aristakat

Regular Contributor
Was at boat show on Saturday they had a new Honda 250 hp on display, but no one knew anything about them was curious if anyone seen any specs on them ? I told one tech I was skeptic about any new honda's because on my issues with 2002 honda 225's, he said same stuff on this one so should be no kinks in this model.....

Also they had new Honda 225hp's with some kind of square bracket over exhaust ports suppose to displace heat to keep middle cowlings from warping ? Anyone heard how these works I bought new cowlings for each motor few years back within a month they warped again for a cost of like 450 each motor ??? ouch

thanks for any imput did meet a honda rep from Miami seems like a honest guy and I might have found a new mechanic for my boat only problem 3 1/2 hrs away

I know Honda has been losing sales to Yamaha over the last several years because of the Yamaha's 250 hp and 300 HP HP offerings, so I guess they are finally responding. It ptobably would not be too difficult to tweak the 225 to get another 25 hp. Honda does not mention a 250 on their website, yet.

Back