Logo

KAD44p electronic problem?

rolo1

Need help with Kad44p won't crank no power getting to actuator.
Have bridged starter solonoid,there is power to that and it cranks.
Bridged relay and power gets to gear actuator. when we do that still won't start from ignition switch.
diagnostig light is reading 2:3 now and I cannot errase it. also when trouble started it was reading 9:9 and again on another trip out only when starting it would read 4:5 or 5:5
but then it was ok, till the other day when all this started. Abit confusing eh!
Wondering if the edc unit has given up?
Any thoughts Appreciated

hi rolo1, Iam having the same issue with a kad44p-a at the moment, I have just replaced the gear shift cable and now the engine will not crank over, run out of time too test for problem, but will let you know what i find... I think it will be either a cable adjustment, throttle calabration or blown fuse from the gear cable being siezed.. Think it is just not sending a signal too the ecu that the transmission is in neutral. I take it that you have tested your batteries and starter. Dont know the code 2.3 off the top of my head but have the manual on the boat and will check for you in a couple of days when i work on the boat next, if you cannot errase the code the fault is still active..... Dont think the ecu will be the fault they are very reliable and only damaged by a spike from shorted circuits incorrect jumpstarting or welding etc etc...

Thank for that! had auto electrician yesterday check out the power supply etc, appears to be no active circuit out of ecu so off to sydney this week to get it tested.

Ausssiegrant

Got her sorted out. after sending the edc unit for checking out, they had to send it off to brisie for reprogramming as the codes would not cancel off.
we got it back and refitted it, still not starting only cranking and would not go at all. ended up beieng the stop relay after all that.
If you'r down South Coast NSW jervis Bay area look us up.

Rolo

Back