Logo

1985 Evinrude 2hp Carb Rebuild Question

mtrostel

I have an 1985 Evinrude 2hp (E2RCOC) that I'm rebuilding the carb on. The carb repair kit (p/n 398532) contains a packet called Sub Assembly which contains 6 cellulose/cardboard looking washers and 2 white plastic washers along with a couple other items. In a couple of the exploded drawings of the carb I've found (Evinrude parts catalog and Evinrude repair manual at library), I see 2 "Packing, Low speed valve" washers on each of the low speed and high speed needle valve adjusters (#5 in the Evinrude parts diagram), which I assume to be the cellulose washers in the kit. In addition, the high speed valve has a "Washer, Packing" on it (#3 in Evinrude parts diagram), which I assume is the plastic washers from the kit. I'm not seeing these items used in another spot, so does the Sub Assembly packet just have extras, have the drawings been updated to us additional parts, or am I pissing something?

Any other tips for the rebuild? I'm assuming these washers go in dry so no need for a drop of mineral oil or something on them.

I know this is a really simple carb but it's my first carb rebuild so just wanting to dot my i's and cross my t's.

Thanks,
Matt

Back