Logo

Throttle Adjustment..

Aidanburridge

Hi,
After taking my boat out for the first time i noticed that the throttle was not opening up properly, and couldn't get my small boat moving very fast.
When back at home, i adjusted the linkages so allow for the carb to open up fully, then realized the carb was remaining partly open on idle, not good.
How can i adjust the throttle to open up fully, but still allow for normal idle?
After playing with the linkages my only solution would be to re-shape the cam controlling the carb... not a preferred method.
My engine is a late 70s 45hp 2stroke 2cylinder (single carb)
Any help is much appreciated :)

Cheers, Aidan

Go to Iboats look in the Force section and at the top is 2 threads.One has a link and sinc from Frank A
Follow the directions.That should help.J

You have to be very careful when you start adjust stuff like that.---------------Why would you have to start reshaping parts on a motor ??-----Definitely find good info on trouble shooting in a manual.

There should be no need to suddenly have to start altering parts on an older motor.----------------Find out how to check / make the adjustments for full throttle.

Where? There is no bending or twisting.The cam is adjustable on its own.There is no adjustments other than whats made with the screws and nuts.J

Last edited:
I was only mentioning filing the cam down as a last resort.

Thanks for that. What are the low speed needles? My engine is a 45, but assume its pretty much the same as the 75+. Is it possible that my controller is not right for the engine? doesn't seem to have enough movement to control both idle and full throttle.

I'l run through the guide you sent me the link to and see what happens...

Back