Logo

igintion issues

golfcuff

225 four stroke YAMA

I am having an electrical issue with my vessel. When the ignition switch is turned, the engine has no power. When it does turn on and the tilt button is pushed on the throttle, the engine turns off. My vessel is equipped with two new large battries with good readings. I am not sure if the electrical issue is in the throttle or igintion switch. BTW, the power switches are properly wired... Also, the engine turns on at times, this is when the tilt kills the power... Thanks....

The first thing I would do is a complete checkout of the motors elect system, make sure all is good with the motor and thenwork on the boat side.
1. are you saying when you turn the ignition switch, the motor will not crank over? or that it runs but has no power?

what year is your motor? or better yet give us your model number.

When exact / easy to understand information is given , you may get answers.-------------------So what do you mean by " cranks fine "-----------and what do you mean by " no power "--------------------Are you saying the motor starts and runs but the boat won't go fast !!!

The motor only has 60 hours and runs like a dream.. I have absolutely zero issues (knocking on wood) with the motor. My issue is electrical and I think it's the ignition switch. All other electronics, GPS, radio, lights, radar work fine. I think the issue is the key switch... What do you think.. I would also like to apologize in advance. This is my first boat, family owned several, instead of watching dad, I was chasing around girls (young, dumb)... The electronics aspects on a boat are a new language to me.. Thanks for the input...

listen to me
if you use the trim switch and you loose power, its a battery connection
clean the cables and re-install them

Back