Logo

Oil Injection 1985 suzuki dt140

jflat

Anyone out there converted an 85 or similar dt140 from oil injection to regular mix gas? if so/or not any good outcomes, anyone recommend this? I know some of the older merc vro's and such had bad reps, I don't seem to have an issue with this motor at the moment, seems pretty reliable, however if anyone has better info that could help me and perhaps others that may have similar questions out please feel free to let me know.

Hello Jflat...I hope you are doing very well.

I am having the same issue...I would like to know if you were able to disconect the oil injection system...I have a DT200, it has a oil hose that comes from the bottom to the upper side in crankcase...how did you handle that? The manual says this hose lubricates some parts in the crank..

Thanks in advance

Hello Jflat...I hope you are doing very well.

I am having the same issue...I would like to know if you were able to disconect the oil injection system...I have a DT200, it has a oil hose that comes from the bottom to the upper side in crankcase...how did you handle that? The manual says this hose lubricates some parts in the crank..

Thanks in advance

It has been a while since I posted this and honestly I can't even remember exactly why I posted it. Since then my lower unit has gone out and I've been high and dry for some time.

I do know that my oil injection ended up working fine and there was no need to disconnect it. The oil injection system is actually quite simple and easy to overhaul or repair if needed. The main thing is to ensure that oil is flowing to each cylinder before prolonged run time.

I cannot imagine you hurting the engine if you were to disconnect the oil injection and pre- mix the gas, however this is just a guess. An actual boat engine mechanic is likely to be much more helpful than I am. If it were my I would try it and see what happens... but that's just me. L

It has been a while since I posted this and honestly I can't even remember exactly why I posted it. Since then my lower unit has gone out and I've been high and dry for some time.

I do know that my oil injection ended up working fine and there was no need to disconnect it. The oil injection system is actually quite simple and easy to overhaul or repair if needed. The main thing is to ensure that oil is flowing to each cylinder before prolonged run time.

I cannot imagine you hurting the engine if you were to disconnect the oil injection and pre- mix the gas, however this is just a guess. An actual boat engine mechanic is likely to be much more helpful than I am. If it were my I would try it and see what happens... but that's just me. L

Thank you very much!

Back