Logo

Exhaust elbow failure...water in engine

This may not make your problem fell small, what i am looking at after away for three months is a port 502 engine
with #5 cyl. With no compression! And drained 4 qts. Of antifreeze from the oil pan , not looking forward to pulling
the intake manifold, exhaust headers, and. Head to find ?. Hole in piston would be the easiest thing to fix, worst would be cylinder damage #*#sh. To sleeve the cylinder to the best of my knowledge I will have to pull the D#*# engine.
i hope this will make your day better:rolleyes:

I have discovered fresh water in the engine atop the cylinders. I have removed the water and convinced the risers/ exhaust elbows are bad. I have not discovered any water oil mixture on the dip stick and the level remains right. I am however adding a die to the coolant replacing the plugs running the engine to operating temperature. Once the engine has cooled I will take an inferred light and check the plugs to assure the water issue is not from the cooling system. I am wondering if this is over kill.
Speaking from a fellow boater who is in the middle of a complete engine remove/rebuild/replace, there is no such thing as "over kill"!

Back