MarineEngine.com - Your online store for all types of marine engines and boat parts.
PHONE ORDERS
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click for TOLL-FREE Number
Online Checkout
Special $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping
(800) 209-9624 | Home | Contact | Shipping | Returns | Cart View your shopping cart.
Part Number Search
Shop by engine/drive part number.
Original & matching parts for sale.
Manuals & Accessories
Shop by description, item number
or manufacturer's model number.
Boat Repair Forum Boat Repair Forum   Boat Video Gallery Video Gallery

Default NYC to VT by Hudson

anyone do this trip? wondering about what the top half of the trip is like. also wondering how i must modify the boat to disable the Y value on the holding tank. Also how do I disable the macerater?

thx scott

Default Re: NYC to VT by Hudson

Thinking of making pretty much the same trip, myself, as I am close to the Hudson, just a little further up stream, but not planning to all the way to Vermont. Have freinds North of Albany to boat with.

Just a thought, I believe removing the valve handle / locking handle is OK, legally. Disable the pump by pulling the fuse or disconnecting the wiring harness to it. Just check for yourself, as I am no legal expert, but I am pretty sure that is what is suggested on vessels used in various bodies of water. I believe the purpose is so it can't be "accidently" changed without use of tools / keys. Any wronful discharge would be the result of intentionally and/or manually changing lineup, hence allowing it to happen, making you liable, if caught.
    Last edited by 04fxdwgi; 02-15-2011 at 07:02 AM.

bigwiggle Guest

If you do make this trip. Please re post to tell me how long it took you take make this trip. Thanks
    bigwiggle

no but sounds interesting can you give me more info about it like distance weather?

Sound interesting trip and great sails.
    www.brittanysail.co.uk