Logo

impeller problems 1986 55 hp

gawhitn

I have a 1986 55 hp Nissan outboard motor with a bad water pump impeller. Nissan has discontinued this motor and no longer stock parts for it. The model and serial numbers are: NS55B / 13037. If anyone can help finding this impeller or a replacement impeller it would be very much appreciated. I need to go fishing soon.

Thanks,
gary
Coldwater, MS
[email protected]

I have a 1986 55 hp Nissan outboard motor with a bad water pump impeller. Nissan has discontinued this motor and no longer stock parts for it. The model and serial numbers are: NS55B / 13037. If anyone can help finding this impeller or a replacement impeller it would be very much appreciated. I need to go fishing soon.

Thanks,
gary
Coldwater, MS
[email protected]
do u want to sell

Hi Gary.
I also have a 55hp Tohatsu that I could not find the impeller for. My model is the M55B and the impeller part number is 353-65021-0. This is discontinued but I managed to find two on a shelf in a boat shop here in Western Australia. I had to fit one of them in my motor but I have to other impeller here in my hands. Evidently, it also fits the 60 and 70 models. Anyway, I do a lot of urethane casting so I am going to cast a load of them up for myself and to on-sell so people can keep their motors running. I want to try to buy up a load of rare impellers and cast as many as I can as I can’t see the point of throwing out a perfectly good motor just because it needs a new impeller. I also have a new impeller case on the way which I will also cast in urethane. As the properties of urethane can be varied, I can make materials with different hardness and it also acts as a natural lubricant. That’s why it’s used in car axles as bushes. I can also repair damaged impellers as long as it has a few fins and the key way. Repairing impellers with cracks is pretty easy.
Anyway, drop me a line if you need any help with yours.
Scott.

Hello mckinnos.

Yes, still making them, though I am trying not to release them for six weeks after manufacture to make sure they have fully cured. The earliest I can get one to you will be in three weeks time. Are you still interested?

Best regards,
Scott.

Hi mckinnos.

No problems at all. A bit of good fortune finding one and especially so close to home! Good work!
Happy boating :)

Best regards,
Sccott.

Hi Gary.
I also have a 55hp Tohatsu that I could not find the impeller for. My model is the M55B and the impeller part number is 353-65021-0. This is discontinued but I managed to find two on a shelf in a boat shop here in Western Australia. I had to fit one of them in my motor but I have to other impeller here in my hands. Evidently, it also fits the 60 and 70 models. Anyway, I do a lot of urethane casting so I am going to cast a load of them up for myself and to on-sell so people can keep their motors running. I want to try to buy up a load of rare impellers and cast as many as I can as I can’t see the point of throwing out a perfectly good motor just because it needs a new impeller. I also have a new impeller case on the way which I will also cast in urethane. As the properties of urethane can be varied, I can make materials with different hardness and it also acts as a natural lubricant. That’s why it’s used in car axles as bushes. I can also repair damaged impellers as long as it has a few fins and the key way. Repairing impellers with cracks is pretty easy.
Anyway, drop me a line if you need any help with yours.
Scott.

Hello Scott. I am looking for a water pump impeller for my 1986 55hp Nissan also. Have you made them and do you have any to sell ???

Thanks.. Dennis

Hello Dennis.
Yes, I am making them. If you want to read about my process, feel free to look at this thread. http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...-engine/page2&highlight=tohatsu+70a2+impeller
Anyway, yes I do have the impellers available with the Delrin core and they sell for $55 + postage. That also comes with a new key.
I am also making them with a brass core, but I am currently making them to fill orders so I do not have any in stock. I will have some of those ready in a week. They sell for $85 each and also come with a new key.
Postage to the US is $12 and tracking is an extra $10.
I hope this helps you and thank you very much for your inquiry.
Best regards,
Scott. (karbonwerx on Facebook)

Hello Scott and thanks. That sounds great. I will be going to my boats location this weekend and will get the exact model and find out if I need the brass or not... I will contact you then and order the impeller....

One more question for you.. Do you have the gasket for this or know where i can get one ???

Thanks again :: Dennis

Hi Dennis.
No problems with getting your exact model. The brass is just a personal option for you. The unit in your engine will not be brass so it's up to you which way you want to go with that. As for the gasket, I make my own using gasket sheet. If you want' I'll cut one for you and drop it in the box no charge.
All the best,
Scott.

Hello again Scott ::: That's would be wonderful, I'll contact you next week.... Lots of ice here--- not a huge hurry....(I hate winter)..

I know what you mean. I hate the extremes. We are just getting over a small heat wave but it will still be over 100°F today. It will be wonderful in the shed!
Talk to you next week.
Scott.

I have also started a Facebook page called karbonwerx if anyone is interested. I will try to show as many products as I can that are being made at the moment. That includes the impeller for the M6A, M8A and M9.8A. Also all the components required to build a new water pump including the lower half of the pump with the double sided seal, the impeller and the pump case for the 70A2.
All the best,
Scott.

Back