Logo

Thrust Washer - Thrust Bushing Question 1970 85HP

Smoke14

I have a 1970 85HP electric shift engine that I had to replace the lower unit. the used
lower unit I purchased looks identical to my old one and even lines up perfectly, However the prop shaft is different from my original lower unit. The original lower unit had a straight shaft, while the new lower unit has a tapered shaft. About half way from the threads it
tapers larger and then one more time at the housing. I need a Thrust Washer and a Thrust
Bushing to make the prop clear the housing. I researched and found two part #s but not specification on if these are the correct size. The Thrust Washer part # 0313925 and Thrust Bearing # 0386072. If anyone has information regarding if these are the correct parts or if there is information I did not provide please let me know, trying to get boat ready for spring fishing.

Thanks David

Look up the parts for a 72 model--------Last year of the electric shift units.-------------------Should be lots around for later models as well , time to talk to a shop. They likely have bins full of them.---------------You may also need a newer prop ( bigger hole in them )

Thanks racerone, I test fit the prop and it slides on, all the way to the housing. Correct number of splines and all. I will take your advice and look for a 1972 part.

Then it likely had a newer prop on the older motor.--------------Most dealers will have a bin with used parts you need as they were the same for many, many years after the early ones.------You just need a new thrust washer ( one part only )

Back