Logo

Johnson 175 hp 1994

GORDY56

Hi...I need to know how to make the fuel richer on my outboard....175 Oceanrunner.....I have had the motor serviced recently and it stalls when I apply the throttle too quickly...I am assuming that the mixture needs enriching...I have not owned an outboard since my last Force one on my 2002 Bayliner....
Thanks, Gordon

Last edited:
When you had it serviced, did they do a Sync n Link? If that's the only problem your having it may just be a little out of sync.. If you increase throttle a bit slower does it stall or run up fine?

Thanks for your reply...I have been without computer access.....to answer your question...I have to rev the crap out of the engine when I start it, several times,then it might start going slowly on forward throttle. Usually it dies when throttle applied.
I just keep re-starting the engine and applying throttle slowly until it finally moves the boat forward and then I can get it up on the plane and get to about 3400 RPM.Last week, I noticed a black oily horrible looking line at the water level mark on the transom.
Once i travel 10 to 20 mins continueously to the marina then throttle back to park, the motor always dies.It is soooooo frustrating....my repair shop think I should spend $20,000 on a new 150HP E-TEC Evinrude to reduce my worries????????

A motor stalls because it is not making proper power.--------------Start with a compression test and check to make sure it is running / firing on all 6 cylinders.-------------These V-6 motors run quite well on 5 cylinders.

Back