Logo

2007 F 115 hp re-occurring problem, power loss and vibrations

Timsahb

I have a dive boat that is used commercially with twin F115's 07 in Thailand. As I am in Thailand the normal level of maintenance and support does not really exist.

Two years ago after running some very contaminated fuel, the port engine started experiencing power loss under load with some vibrations in the engine (it was only 18 months old at that stage) The diagnostic software could not find anything and after swapping parts from the other engine the only thing left was the high pressure fuel pump. After replacing the fuel pump (and the injectors that appeared damaged) the boat ran fine for an hour, then the same problem occurred until a big blast of smoke came out the exhaust and it was then fine.

2 years later and the same thing started happening again, the fuel was not great but after learning a fair bit in the ensuing two years we figured we where on top of it. This time it happened gradually, off and on, but yesterday it really started to vibrate (cylinder not working?) and wont go above 3,000 RPM in gear.

I could go straight for replacing the high pressure fuel pump and injectors again, but am I treating the symptom, not the problem???

The starboard engine is fine, is always fine and never has any problems, yet the fuel system setup is exactly the same. Yamaha dont know, I have been through a few mechanics who dont know, anyone have any idea??

Any direction, information or ideas is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: F115 re-occurring problem, power loss and vibrations

well you either can buy the tools needed
or buy parts

what would you like to do

The other engine has now also gone, suspect very bad fuel looks like I will replace the fuel pumps change the fuel filters more regularly and try and siphon off the **** that comes in the fuel here.

Back