Logo

Westerbeke question?

willow

Regular Contributor
I posted this over in the Westerbeke section but I would assume that many boaters here might carry a Westerbeke genset onboard so will re-post it here....:rolleyes: and it also looks like the Westerbeke forum doesn't get many "hits".:p

Have a friend who need a complete head gasket set for his 3.5-4.5 Westerbeke. Says it is rated at 6.5-8HP.

Says he was told by his marina , up here, that the gaskets would cost close to $600.00...isn't that a bit steep??:confused:

Any help/suppliers would be appreciated.:eek:

Season's greetings.:eek::eek:

Beke does not make the engines, they just cobble them up to make gensets etc. If he knows what the engine make/model is, doubtless he can find them elsewhere without the "marine" premium.

I may have found the answer. I called Westerbeke and managed to talk to a fellow who was instrumental in getting my genset fully functional about 8 years ago.

The price quoted up here, .............and it seems this fellow has a lock on supply in this area............. is far too high.

I actually found prices in the US at about $302-00 varying to $375.00 and with the Canuck Buck close to par with the US, that is quite a savings.

I also found a possible supplier out in BC and passed the word to my friend to try out there.

At westerbeke.com they have manuals for everything they've ever made in downloadable pdf files. I found some extremely useful manuals there, free of charge.

Yup, been there as well. I have all my manuals and my friend has his and that website (Westerbeke) has a lot of good downloads on it.

My Westerbeke is actually a Diahatsu engine

Merry Christmas

I will agree with Roger....Had several parts from Hanson....Quick but NOT cheap. Found some neat stuff on eBay...like the remote start panel with all the gauges for about $60.00 used, but in mint condition

Back