Logo

Where can I find model number

justme

Hi, I am loking for my model number and built year but cant find it even with my glasses on. My outboard is a Mercury 9.9 with electrick and pull start 2cyl 2 stroke. Can anyone tel me where to look. Many thanks.:confused:

On older models it would have been on a riveted plate on the transom bracket,on newer models on a plate riveted to the side of the transom bracket,If it's not in either place post a few photos' and the carb number and someone may be able to help you

And if it's not on the transom bracket then you might be able to find it somewhere on the cylinder block as well, there should be a plug with the serial number on it. See pic for example.
wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
391496208.jpg

Thanks for that , I have found it in 2 places OB 253896 on side of mounting bracket and B 253896 on cylinder block.
can you also tel me what year this is and is it normal for exhaust fumes to come out at engine swivel bracket at lower revs. Many thanks, now I need to get the manual. engine runs nicely.

1988 MERCURY 9.9 ELH, Model Number 1010311BD.

Your Mercury service manual part number is going to be 90-827242R02, It'll cover the 6/8/9.9/10/15 HP's

Back