Logo

Steering cables...

nicknack2

Regular Contributor
I posted this on a different section in the forum w/o luck maybe here I get an answer from the evinrude/johnson gurus...

guys I'm posting this for a friend who is going to buy steering cables for his boat he needs them to be 19 ft long, but he is wondering what he needs, he is changing the whole system from helm all the way back to the tail of his i/o chrysler, now the question is the following...is the cable and all parts model specific or steering systems are universal???

also one more thing, my rails in my boat are bad, I had tried cleaning in order to get them shinny w/o luck u guys got any ideas or have any of you have use some kind of miracle stuff to get them polished???

Steering cable for a chrysler...not sure. Pull the old stuff out (don't forget a wire or rope to pull the new one through) and take the whole mess to the shop you will be buying the new one and see what they say.

Rails....what are they made of?

Every rail I have on all my boats are stainless. Are you sure it's aluminium?

Noxon is a good metal cleaner but will still require some scrubbing. If you really want to make it shine, after the noxon use something like Mother's polish.

Back