Logo

benevelli gearbox -anyone familiar with them?

floatysarah

Hi, I have a benevelli gearbox that needs rebuilding,however these seem to be different to other gearboxes in that the cable holds the gears in position. I was getting some advice off someone and he is very busy and it is hard to contact him. does anyone know these boxes (mine is a BA 30)

thanks,
sarah

Hi, Sarah
I used a Benevelli B30 gearbox on a Ducati IS20 for over 10 years, having bought it secondhand in the mid 1990s. You quote the model number of yours as BA30, but I don't know the difference between that and a B30.
Before using mine, I gave it a good service, so I may be able to help. What's the problem?

(As an aside, my engine and (working) gearbox are currently for sale on eBay (search for item 120682056974).

Best wishes,
Peter

Hi Peter,
thanks for getting in touch!
my gearbox needed new clutch plates, however due to several things including the expense and the fact that unless the cable is set up exactly then it doesn't hold correctly in gear, I have gone to great expense to get a completely different box fitted - tho the boat yard has taken 2 months so far and still not completed it. I will look at your box on ebay. thanks

If you know how to close this post now, please could you tell me or do it for me! thanks

sarah

Back