Logo

Engine keeps cutting out ?? 1985 200 hp

Half Crown

I have a 94 - 95 200hp Evinrude OceanPro 2 storke and recently she has started cutting out intemittently, I have check the fuel lines and there is no blockage, however my mechanic says it could be that my throttle cables are tight as the throttle lever is very stiff, could this cause the boat to cut out when in motion ?? strange thing is she will idle and rev absolutely fine whilst in neutral with no issue at all but when in gear she runs for a few mins then stalls, please help ???

Re: Engine keeps cutting out ??

All " so so " motors will wind up in nuetral because there is NO LOAD on them.-------------Use a timing light and check that you have spark on all cylinders.------------------A compression test is also a MUST do on a 2 stroke that is having running issues.-----------Do a test with someone operating the primer bulb ( manual fuel pump )on the hose .

Re: Engine keeps cutting out ??

Thanks racerone will do that also, regarding the cables being tight and the stiff lever could that be the source of the problem or should that not really affect the engine cutting out. Thanks again for your help much appreciated.

Back