Logo

Year 2000, Yamaha 200hp HPDI. 2 stroke. engine issues

Nightbreed

Year 2000, Yamaha 200 HPDI 2 stroke. Model # Z200TXRY
Gonna start from the beginning...
Was out fishing, when getting ready to return home, I started the engine. Put it in gear and it felt like something was wrapped in the prop. So I shut it down and checked it. Nothing.
I started it again and began the ride home, The engine was not getting much power was only able to get about 10 knots out of it. the whole time the engine was shaking & shimmying the boat.
A local mechanic told me it sounded like it was starving for fuel. to change the filters.
I changed all the fuel filters and screens. I also pulled the injector nozzles and cleaned them the best I could as well as the injector ports.
I did a pressure test on the cylinders which was perfect on all six. Then checked for good spark, good on all six.
put the boat back in the water and the problem is still there. I can only get 3800 RPMs out of it at full throttle when cruising speed is usually 4200rpms. its taking a long time even to reach 3800rpms, and its still shimmying. im at wits end! the only thing I can think to do now is to have it put on a computer for diagnostics and to have the injectors sent out for diagnostics and cleaning.
Any suggestions as to what it could be?
Missing out on Striper season here!!!

Back