Logo

Project boat - sunken F32 Trojan w/318's

partgypsy

I just bought an F-32 Trojan which had sank. It's on land now and appears to have been serviced in some fashion. The dipsticks show clean oil and are over-filled. No water on the sticks. I would have filled the engines completely, but this is what I have now.
I want to see if the engines roll over or are seized. Is there a nut on the end of the crank that I can use to rotate the engine the same as on the Chev small blocks?
What else should I look at to determine if the engines have life left in them? I know the carbs will likely need to be rebuilt, ignition and electrical parts changed out, etc... anything else?

In addition to new engines, you will have to replace all the wiring and electrical systems and all the plumbing (fresh water tanks as well as holding tanks), redo all the interior finish and upholstery. You'll need to have the tanks (fuel) flushed and all new filters.
An F32 isn't a very valuable boat even in very good condition. Maybe 10-12 grand if it's extremely clean. I'm sure you are aware of this and paid accordingly. I will guess that you will have to put somewhere between 8 and 10 thousand into this project. You pretty much have to strip it down to a bare hull and refit with all new everything. Good luck and keep us posted.

oh and
florida craigslist
2 318 FWC brand new mannys ,out of the boat, $3500 claimed to be rebuilt i think they have trannys too not sure
think it was south florida somewhere

Had a quick read of the activity. It appears the engines went completely underwater ! N.B. Before you attempt to turn the motors over by hand or any other means. Remove the spark plugs, put engine oil in the bore and number the leads. I do realise that you would do this. But, just thought it would be of benefit to others who read this and are not aware.

I hate to say this, but oil is lighter than water, so it floats on top. (The water is in the bottom of those oil pans.) DO NOT start the engine! Get a good oil sucker outer and remove all you can FIRST.

Jeff

Turns out it had not sunk. Just boat yard BS. I can see the line of the bilge water. So, as soon as it warms up a bit I will see what I can do.

Back