Logo

Honda Fuel management Gauge

Jettywolf

Okay tech guys....

Honda Fuel management Gauge, that I see on the Honda site. Anyone know what it costs and about installation of it?

Is it just plug in and ready to go?

2005 & 2006 Honda 225's is what I have. Not duals, but my main and my spare motor.

I have the standard digital tach now.

I see there's also a new or another wiring harness of some sort that may have to be used to add the tach with the fuel management in it.

Wondering what the "worth" would be after purchase and installation costs.

Part number:
06373-ZY3-800

and seen here:
http://marine.honda.com/pdf/accessories/ml.rerap45a.MAC_Gauges.pdf

I like the fact that it says, "
Fuel management information is sent directly from the engine ECU.
No paddlewheel/fuel line sensor is utilized or required.

Unlike after market units, I've had horrible experiences with those older model Flow-scans....UGH!!!!!

Last edited:
I can't advise you on the harness requirements. But I have that gauge, and I don't like it because it is hard to read (even inside my cabin) and it forces you to page through each of the four indicators. However, the fuel consumption info and "gallons to empty" info is very accurate accurate - +/- 3 gallons between 80 to 100 gallon fillips. The speedometer depends on the on-motor pitot tube (which constantly gets clogged up) or an external speed sensor and pitot tube. And, of course the fuel gauge is dependent on the sender unit in your tank, which is notoriously inaccurate. I don't think they are worth the money. If I had it to do over, I would install a really good fuel consumption indicator - the kind you can calibrate.

Back