Logo

Fuel filter location 5.7 MPI

gofast

I purchased a jet boat with a 5.7 MPI V8 Marine power engine and am trying to figure out where the gas filter is and how to change it. If any one knows please let me know.

a serial number and year would be get you a better answer....that said, most use a spin-on water separating filter and an "oberg" filter in the "fuel cell" (pump and cooler combo). The oberg filters can be disassembled and cleaned; the spin-ons need a new cartridge.

Motor year 2008
Manufacuture Marinepower
Type MPI 350 330 HP
SN 49033
I called them up and it is located on the starboard side of the engine in a spin on canister. It was so well put together I could not see a line to unscrew to.
Replacement filters are $20 each. I assume there is a genaric type. If any one has acrossreference filternumberit would be apreciated. You take the canister off with a strap wrinch.

If it a "sealed" spin on (like an oil filter) then, yes - generic replacements are available. The best are made by RACOR though you'll probably spend more for them.

Being a 2008 MPI, I'd really be surprised if there isn't another filter or two in/around the "fuel cell". Be a good idea to call themm back and check....if you have them on the phone, you could also ask them to send you the parts breakdown (tell them it isn't on their www site yet). that way you'll have some insight into the rest of the nuggets they hidden on you.

Back