Logo

Help ID this Mercury Marine (?) 6 cylinder 2x1 intake?

4d9r

Hi,
Couldn't resist buying this even though I don't know what it is off or the vintage. Can't find and numbers on the manifold other than the firing order and the Rochester cab numbers are unreadable right now. Can you tell me what I have? I'm thinking I can use the setup on a 2x1 manifold for my stovebolt Chevy truck but I don't want to seperate the pieces if this is a rare marine combo.
Thanks.2x1carbs3.jpg2x1carbs2.jpg2x1carbs1.jpg2x1carbs7.jpg

Looks like the "intake cover" from an old in-line setup. going from memory, I'd bet 4cyl vs 6 cylinder. (Looks a little short for a six but I haven't touched one in ~ 20 yrs.) Could also be from a non-merc unit of that vintage and just received a coat of black paint - merc wan't the only ones using those in-line engines.

If those are rochesters, they have got to be as old as I am (or real close). I know the stardard equipment on a 1968 in-line 250CID mercrusier was a 2GV carb and I don't think either one in those pics is close to being a 2G anything.

Carb numbers may help, if there's a casting number on the intake cover, that would be best.....worst part is gonna be finding some factory data to verify things.

B's! (good find) - then they are older than I am!!!

That would put them in the 50's-early 60's range.

Back