Logo

wat year is my 25 hp johnson

Dunno! I think you have misread the number

I think that's a J (for Johnson) not a 1 unless you really have a 125hp engine! J25 would be a 25 hp Johnson

R= Ropestart
L= longshaft

but GA ???? That I am sure is wrong. perhaps a C or an E but not a G. Perhaps also another letter before the A.

Check again very carefully

Can often figure it out when someone misreads a number but not this time .

Last edited:
yes you are right due to the wear of the aluminum plate it was hard to read the model numbers checking with a magnifying glass i think the model no is J25 RL 65A which i would presume to mean 25 hp rope start longshaft yr 65 a australia
thanks for pointing out the mistake
cheers
adrian

No still not right.

As far as i know there was not a 25 hp for 1965. Also with that configuration of model number I do not think it would start with a "J".

Take your pick from this list. Certainly from 1980 onwards they would be prefixed with a J for Johnson but not before.

I am leaning towards J25RLCSA That is a valid number and is a 1980 model "A" is just a production suffix. Could it be as late as a 1980 model.

Hello Zsadrin

This is the list of possible model choices that come up so far with what info you have provided. you should be able to pick a close match as Vic maybe right also we have the largest selection of Parts and Manuals!
j25.png

Last edited:
Back