Logo

New Developments in 1987 140hp Evinrude not accelerating

So I know this is kinda off toppic but I have 2 88 Evinrude 140 V4 Looper motors and I am wanting to re prop them. I have 14.5x19 on it now cause thats what I bought it with but Im looking to do a great deal of trolling and have the best GPH (PSA I KNOW it wont be great with these motors) but im just looking for the best possible with them. If any of you have any support or help that would be great. The hole shot is port motor 4300 rpms WOT and the starboard motor is around 3600 rpms WOT. The Max rpms is port 5100 amd starboard 4600 WOT. Thanks for all the help.

Both motors should be at the same RPM.----First switch tachometers around as a test.-----Then do some trouble shooting.

Also my stbd motor is struggling to have the same rpms as the port motor thats why i was following this forum. All fuel lines replaced, all carbs thoroughly deep cleaned twice, new spark plugs, new power packs with cleaned and sanded connectors, new water pumps, and VRO disconnected and went to premix 50:1. Not 100% sure tachs are right since they look to be original on the 88 grady white offshore 24.

Back