Logo

Permanent Jabsco Oil changer

S

suite64

33474.gif
Considering to install this for use with my Crusader 454 XLs. Looking for anyone uses this and has any feedback.

Thanks in advance
Dave

I have twin 350s and the clearance under the oil pan is about 2 inches so I connected a permanent oil changer in my boat.(I got tired of the tube in the dipstick with a power drill, the attempt to drain into a pan in the bilge etc......)

My pump is mounted on the transom and I ran lines to the drain plug of each engine, had them meet in a "y" junction near the transom for a one line installation to the pump. Each line has a stainless steel shut -off ball valve installed. I have a couple of short jumper lines that clip to the pump and then to the house battery. I have been draining my oil that way for about 11 years and have never had a problem....but.......the pump is a lot more efficient if the oil is hot/warm.

I have another identical pump mounted on the firewall in the engine room that does the Westerbeke GenSet.......same thing...easier to drain with hot/warm oil.

Your pump looks much more advanced than mine...mine were about $55.00 each.

You will wonder how you lived without the ability to just flip a switch and drain your oil....good luck

Do it, no questions asked. as Willow said, the dipstick method is a pita. I have Jabsco pump with a manifold (pt, stbd, genset) . When I installed the system, it was a challange to remove the oil pan drain plug and install a fitting. I dont use the reverse method to replace the oil. I like the funnel and pouring method.

Back