Logo

1987 Mariner 115 hp In Line 6

Re: 1987 Mariner 115hp In Line 6

Well, I wouldn't have believed it, but the larger fuel line fixed her right up. It was a 1/4" line (Approx. 6 mm), which was what I had at the shop. I increased the line to 3/8" (Approx 9.5 mm) and she ran great all day. I pushed nearly a full tank of petrol thru her (24 gallons or about 90 liters). Now replacing the stator wasn't in vain since it fixed the alternator problem, but the trigger was never at fault. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I'll need your addy so I can send that crate of beer.

Dave

Your welcome glad it worked out,if you ever get to Ireland have a couple of Guinness,great stuff:D Don't forget the trigger on ebay to offset the cost of the new one:D

Last edited:

1.5 miles into the atlantic left of ireland would be a scary place to bog. I get nervous more than 0.5 km away from sure in port philip bay melbourne, which compared to your hunting ground is a mill pond.

Horn head is a high cliff but it's a bit small 1.5 miles out.Fairly loosens you when she chokes that bit:D:D but it was a beautiful calm day,one of the half dozen we got last year:)

I've seen pictures of Horn Head, beautiful rock formations, but a non running engine would certainly distact from that. : ).

Back