Logo

rebuilt Tohatsu – Nissan 30hp M30A3 346B 2 stroke Boat Motor

Dealer network is nonexistant in some parts of the country, as is knowlegible help. Check the phone book first! Depending on year, parts are an issue. See thread m40C, whats normal. Some peeps fault my frustration with my 40 HP, but there is precious little knowlege about the older motors. I thought living in the Phoenix,AZ. area there would be no problems with parts and info, there are several million peeps here, I was wrong. The Nissan/Tohatsu supporters will be all over me about this post, but look at my post and most of the others here in the Nissan section and read just how much help anybody is actually getting. Me? I'm looking for an Evenrude or Johnson to replace mine. I've given the Nissan about 10 month of my time and over $800.00 in parts, fuel, trips to the lake and ramp fees. To all of the Nissan supporters: Kiteguy23 ASKED our opinion. The above is NOT an opinion, it is a statement of facts. Your results may vary. P.S. Just got back from Havasu about an hour ago, didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from those dealers either. TIMINATOR

25 year old motor. Condition would be everything. If run in salt, probably past its prime. Carb still available, water pump kit still available. YMMV.

Dealer network is nonexistant in some parts of the country, as is knowlegible help. Check the phone book first! Depending on year, parts are an issue. See thread m40C, whats normal. Some peeps fault my frustration with my 40 HP, but there is precious little knowlege about the older motors. I thought living in the Phoenix,AZ. area there would be no problems with parts and info, there are several million peeps here, I was wrong. The Nissan/Tohatsu supporters will be all over me about this post, but look at my post and most of the others here in the Nissan section and read just how much help anybody is actually getting. Me? I'm looking for an Evenrude or Johnson to replace mine. I've given the Nissan about 10 month of my time and over $800.00 in parts, fuel, trips to the lake and ramp fees. To all of the Nissan supporters: Kiteguy23 ASKED our opinion. The above is NOT an opinion, it is a statement of facts. Your results may vary. P.S. Just got back from Havasu about an hour ago, didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from those dealers either. TIMINATOR

Dealer network is non existent in some parts of the country for virtually everything. Parts can be an issue on anything if you don't know where to buy them or lack the money to do so. Plenty of people have the knowledge to repair outboards...However, there is no guaranty that the desire of some to make a repair grants them the ability to do so. Some people think their opinion is a fact because of their limited experience, knowledge and ability....It's not.

But, if someone wants to go off on a pointless, childish, anonymous rant...Please do so. We need the comic relief:)

Back