Logo

Camshaft

Dejan

I buy 5,7 Liter (350CID) 260 PS ,4600 RPM from 1987-1996 GM-Remanufactured Engine Big-Block, standard-rotation from USA but they send me RH rotation (not standard). Now I need to replace camshaft, but they send me cam. No. 14097395 LH. When I look in MerCruiser parts I think I need cam. No. 431-811658. Please can you tell me what is difrent between this cam. and can I put this cam. (14097395) in my engine (it is for a boat-marine).
Thank you
progress.gif

How are you determining the rotation. A standard engine flywheel turns left or counterclockwise viewed from the flywheel.
you also need the correct front and rear main crankshaft seals. A different starter.

I buy 5,7 Liter (350CID) 260 PS ,4600 RPM from 1987-1996 GM-Remanufactured Engine Big-Block, standard-rotation from USA but they send me RH rotation (not standard). Now I need to replace camshaft, but they send me cam. No. 14097395 LH. When I look in MerCruiser parts I think I need cam. No. 431-811658. Please can you tell me what is difrent between this cam. and can I put this cam. (14097395) in my engine (it is for a boat-marine).
Thank you
progress.gif

mercrusier engines I/O are ccw or left hand rotation. who did you purchase this from ? never heard of "standard rotation"

If it is right hand rotation send the engine back.

In a marine application, rotation is determined from behind the engine looking at the flywheel. Standard rotation on a marine engine is left hand or counter-clockwise. Make sure they are not talking in automotive terms which is determined by looking at the front of the engine, in which case this same engine would be considered "standard rotation" or right hand rotation. Confused yet? Hold on!

Also make sure they are not referring to the rotation of the prop. "Standard prop rotation" looking at the prop from the back of the vessel is right hand/clockwise.

They stopped making counter rotaters a long time ago. Before you do anything else, make sure you're looking at the engine from the rear. It should turn left hand.

I determining rotation when I wont fix distributor (from old engine) and distributor does not go together whit camshaft. When I look in hole I see sprocket on cam. is in other direction. Please if you now what is diferent betwin cam. :14097395 and 431-811658, I hear first one is for truck 383 , what hapend if I put this cam. in my engine
Thank you

Is big problem to send engine back becausu I have boat in Croatia better solution is for me is cange cam. But I don' now diferent betvin cam.

Back