Logo

Posting a STERN DRIVE 2001 bravo 3

I have a 2001 Sea Ray with single Bravo 3.....My question is this.
The Bellows are starting to drip water. After i haul her out and get her winterized, blocked and covered, is it that hard of a job to replace all of them and the shift cable doing it myself. I am fairly handy with tools and do most everything else on the boat.
Do I need any special tools to install the bellows? Is their a site that would have any instructions?

Thanks alot guys....

Gator

Re: Posting a STERN DRIVE question under sterndrive

I recommend buy a merc manual. also a helper is good to have, b3's have some weight to them.

Thanks BT Doctur and gl 115,
Looks like I can handle this while she's laid up in the yard. I didn't see any special tools required. I have taken my Alpha off and done the water pick up in it, this looks like if I take my time and I don't need any special tools, I can get er done.
Any choice of who has a complete belows kit at the BEST price? Think while I have her off, i'll sand and get her back in nice looking shape.
I might have found an ECM for the boat at a resonable price. They will set her up from my old ECM. Hope that fixes that problem. No WOT rpms. Goes to 4000 and no more. Rated at 4600 old props, put new ones on rated at 5000. Nothing beyond 3/4 throttle. Seems like dead space on the throttle. Dwell does not advance as it should. Sure hope Mercruiser is right and re placing this expensive unit works.
Be Safe everyone.
Ohio Gator

If the bellows are taking on water you may be smart to change the gimbal bearing now rather than have it fail next season. You will however need a puller, a tool to punch the bearing into place, and an alignment tool. Check your u-joints also.

Back