Logo

1989 70 hp evinrude

c21fishing

i have a 16.5 alumacraft with a 70 hp evinrude vro with myself and another ***** and gear im running about 6000 rpm full thotle at 32mph would a 19 pitch prop lower my rpms is the 19 a good choice or should i just stick with the 17pitch that i have . thanks

There are some unanswered questions. What kind of 17" prop do you have (brand / style)? Can we assume it's in good condition? Experience tells us a 19 might be a good choice, as long as it's the right style, but we need to make sure our baseline is as good as it can be. And we need to make sure we compare similar design props too. Not all 19" props are made to do the same thing.

if your getting 32mph with a 17 pitch at 6000rpm then something is very bad on your set up. the speed should be a lot more or the revs less.i think you need to find out exactly what revs your getting, and the prop might say 17 but infact be a lot smaller !!!what diameter is the prop ? the 13x19 at 6000rpm would put you in around 38 to 40mp with 10% slip. to be at 32mph you must have at least 28% slip, that would be realy realy bad. Need to know exactly what this prop is and exactly what the revs are, you need a real tacho and not just think its 6 thousand rpm.. phill

Back