Logo

73 lurhs with twin 318s w/ problems

32lurhs

i have a 73 32ft lurhs with twin 318s i need to no if theres a difference between rh lh drive trans i bought a used one from a mech at the marina and the gear ratios are different and now i need to replace it not to sure on rh lh drive to much and one motor was smoking pretty bad but almost look like steam it was the motor doing all the work think that could be why??? one vdrive is a 1.46-1 and other is 2.09-1

Stick with what the original trans. ratio was, cause you'll have the props spinning ar different rpm's when the engines are at the same rpm. As for the smoke , or steam, if it's definitely steam, then your manifolds, and or risers are clogged up with gunk, or rotted out, causing the cooling water to boil and steam out of the exhaust,(been there) they probably need replacing. If it's smoke, then you'll have other issues.

On the front of the trans, where it bolts to the bell housing, there is plate you can unbolt and turn around so as to change the rotation of the unit. It will say it right on there with arrows for left and right rotation. I never did it myself, so not sure if there is anything else you would need to do other than turning the plate.

Back