Logo

Nightmare with Volvo Marine Diesel Engines D2-75 – Gear Box problem

mvbsgg

Since 2007 that I am in a permanent nightmare concerning D2-75 Volvo, installed on a Catamaran.
The problem of the gearbox originated by the failure of the clutch is constantly repeating itself. Since 2007 I’m now facing the 5th repair!!! The failure of the gear system results in the loose of the connection from the propellers (I have J Prop) to the engines (Gear Train). This is quite dangerous in maneuvering in a windy day approaching to a marina! This failure of transmission repeats each 200 hours approximately. Volvo accepted the extension of the warranty of that repeating problem, but now is only covering the parts and not the cost of the labor work.
Does anyone have an idea how to find a solution to this nightmare? It is definitely a Volvo problem with the gearbox, which is quite common around the world. If you have any information or complaints regarding this engine, please let me know!
Does anyone around have some problems with these engines before? Or even similar problems with Volvo engine D2-55?
In the affirmative and if possible, let me have your e-mail.

Back