Logo

Minn kota 12 volt Trolling Motor

ashtonadrian71

Hi Guys

This 12 V trolling motor was under water for about 2 weeks. I basically found out that the electronic circuit board suffered irreparable damage.I have connected the pos motor lead directly to the pos battery lead and the motor works.

I want to put a rheostat in the system to be able to stop the motor and variable speed it up to full rpm. And I want to put a reversing polarity switch into the circuit to be able to go from forward to reverse.

What kind of electronics will do the trick and how do I wire it up?

I hope you can help me guys.

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
It would be cheaper and simpler to replace the board then watch E-bay for a Minnkota Maximizer tp give you the variable speeds you want.

Hello Ibnfshn,

Thank you for your advice, it helps me a lot...

I think I will plan for a trout and maybe salmon holidays, It looks good to me as I will change my board. Thanks also for the advice about choosing the speed that I want, nice to know... I will visit and watch E-bay for a minn kota maximazer.

I want to know another thing: I'm wandering if I could use my damaged board in other fishing motors?

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon..

ashtonadrian71~

Last edited:
If its damaged then you just as well throw it away as it's not going to work in any other unit either. It might could be repaired IF you could find a schematic and parts list for it but they don't even give you that in their service manual.

Back