Logo

1995 120hp force mercury outboard engine starting problems and no spark on all four cylinders

rzkas

Hi? pls help me . i took my boat out to the water and we cruised for about two hours.During* the two hours we turn off the boat twice in the water and it start right back when we are ready to go. but when we came to the duck to pick up a friend and we turned the boat off and wait for the friend to arrive. when the friend arrive we tried to start the boat but* the engine refused to start. i check the gas there was a lot of gas. the engine cranks/turns but it doesn't fire up or start. i tried to start it with some gas (i mean i push the throttle forward but not in gear) but it didn't start it just turns/cranks but no start. what could it be?. so that how i left the water. any ideas will greatly help.

engine serial number is Oe102089

When i came home, i check the compression and it good.* i check the batttery and it good. it has 13.5 volts.* I checked for spark and there was no sparks on all four spark plugs. I also notice that when i* turn the key on, the volt gauge will show 13.5 volts but when i turn the key to start, the voltage drop down to 5 volts.

one more question with a 120 force outboard engine i fast should the boat go. my boat can only travel for 30 mph. i have* a 1995 bayliner capri 1800, 19'.

pls help. all comments and great ideas and instructions are welcome.

thanks

Re: 1995 120 force mercury outboard engine starting problems and no spark on all four cylinders

How about the safety switch?The drop in voltage is normal.That's starter draw.
You need to get a manual.Then start testing the cd's. Go to I.boats they have a Force section there.J

Re: 1995 120 force mercury outboard engine starting problems and no spark on all four cylinders

the safety switch is ok. The boat was running till we duck. When we tried to start it again it refused to fired up.

Last edited:
Back