Logo

Newbie needs help with OMC 800 1978 series 305 sterndrive

Re: Newbie needs help with OMC 800 series sterndrive

If you need the hydro-mechanical - let me know:) The one I got is in great condition, is guaranteed to work, and has been pressure tested.

I am purchasing the one in the link above.

post a pic xmre so we can tell you exactly what you need. start your own thread. Don;t buy anything till we tell you what you need.

And i will try to find you one on ebay but if you need a 800 hydro-mechanical unit i would suggest you pm shado he has one he got by mistake that would be perfect for you if you need a HYDRO-MECHANICAL UNIT, 800. It makes a big difference.

Last edited:

Well, I sucked it up and snatched up the one you suggested chiefalan. I don't expect any more drama once it comes and gets bolted up. (other than my wife when she finds out I spent another $650.00 on a boat that is still sitting in the yard - LOL)

The Hydro mechanical unit I brought by accident is up for sale on ebaY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220679152665) if anyone needs one. It is in great shape and will work well if used in the proper application. :) I also have it listed in the classifieds on this site.

Now it is a waiting game!

Last edited:
Re: Newbie needs help with OMC 800 1978 series sterndrive

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Please welcome the SS FOAB to the fleet!

Thanks chiefalan for your guidance.

Back