Logo

BF50 Honda ~ beeps when throttled up

shart777

Late 90's Honda 50hp - replaced water pump and on test run the control box beeps (with solid green light) when the throttle is advanced. It beeps steadily until throttled back to lower rpm. Any thoughts? I thought maybe the shift linkage is a bit out-of-adjustment?

Is this a continuos beep tone (not beep, beep, beep, etc)? If so, there should be a red light on to indicate an overheat.

I know you just changed your water pump, but did you use the right pump? Did you pull the thermostat and check it and backflush the system from the thermostat housing? If there were pieces of impeller missing, did you find all the pieces? Did you look under the water pump all the way to the water pickups? Many times, the pieces will fall below...clogging the system.

If it is a beep, beep, beep, etc...then you have your motor trimmed too high.

I do not know of any reason a misadjusted shift linkage would be causing this problem.

Mike
Mike

Last edited:
I had the same problem, disconnected the trim sensor and it stopped.
don't really know why you need this feature anyway ?

Just started a new thread. I think that the trip sensor has stiffened up. At 120$, it may be a disconnect until I get that trip gauge in. Still troubleshooting.

Back