Logo

454 fuel lines

bobct

Advanced Contributor
I'll need to make up some lines when I install my Flo-scan and Racor filters. How are the original brass fittings attached to the flex hose? Is it just a barb fitting like the u coolers?

I had two flex lines made up late last year (crossover valve to canister filter) but the ID on the fittings is smaller than the original brass. I saved the old lines so I could potentialy re-use those.

I haven't found a source for new fittings though with the same ID as the originals. The flex hose looks easy enough to find.

Bob

Bob:

Most of the fuel system parts I've seen have 1/4" NPT threads. You can probably order a box of 1/4" NPT males - 3/8" hose barbs much cheaper than buying them individually. Add a box of good stainless hose clamps, and the A1 hose and you should be good to go.

Now if you want it done so it lasts forever, you'll need to get a hold of EJBreeze. I haven't seen a post from him lately but I'm sure he's still around. The pics of the stainless work on his boat projects is absolutely awesome.

If you have a hydraulic shop in the local area, they may be able to get something in between at a reasonable price....never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
Back