Logo

1987 Sunliner 189 w/PCM 140hp Engine Parts Boat Question

Rad Monferdini

Ok, I must first let everyone know that I know little-to-nothing about boats and/or boating. However, my uncle and I stripped everything off of his 1987 Sunliner 189 because he finally got tired of looking at it sitting in his backyard. Basically, we kept everything except for the gas tank and hull. I have a ton of pictures of everything we kept, but I can only post six pictures per thread. Anyway, I am now trying to figure out the best way to find someone interested in buying the parts from me. Can anyone tell me where I can go to try and find a buyer interested in parts specific to this boat? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6344.jpg
    IMG_6344.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6349.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6317.jpg
    IMG_6317.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6323.jpg
    IMG_6323.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6335.jpg
    IMG_6335.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 86
I have been waiting to hear back from my uncle about why he originally quit using the boat. His reply is as follows: "When I left it to eat lunch I didn't turn off the water to the flushing ears. That allowed water to seep past the pick-up pump in the out drive and into the exhaust manifold. Some leaked into an open valve or two, and when I started the engine again after lunch the resulting pressure from the water in the engine damaged it. It's good for most parts, but I wouldn't think the crankshaft or bearings are any good. All of the upper parts (i.e. the head, intake, cams, exhaust manifold, carburetor, ignition, starter, etc.) should still be good. I'd like to part with the entire thing at one time but I'm not going to give it away. Those are all special marine parts and are expensive."

Hi there,

I might be interested in a few parts as back up or the entire lot, depending on price.
Let me know what you have and what you are looking to get
Thanks

I've had good luck buying and selling parts on eBay. They have an entire section devoted to boats and marine equipment.

Back