Logo

Idle and electrical problems

sonama

I started the CH270 in my Avenger today for the first time. It is not a new engine but sounds very good with good oil pressure. The problem is that if I try to idle it at less than 1000 rpm, it stall. Also it is very quick at starting again but need the choke on everytime. Another problem arise after a few start and stop, when I tried to start it again I heard a spark like noise and then nothing, like if the battery was disconnected so anyone know if there is a reset somewhere because after waiting a few minutes the voltage was back and the engine cranked and started again........
Really appreciate the help of the follows here.
Jean

The stalling sounds like a carb idle mixture issue. The crackling sounds like a bad connection or solenoid.

Jeff

On the "no restart when warm", check the brushes inside the starter, if +12V is present on the starter motor lug with the key to START.

I had the starter rebuild a few weeks ago, so the brush were changed but the mechanic who dit the job told me that it was impossible to find one of the parts (I don't remember which one it was) so I ordered a new starter today. The only one I could find is a Wilson 9101422. It is made by Delco Reny, so hope it will fit. I will keep you informed when I receive it. I am suppose to receive this in 4 or 5 days.

In the mean time thanks for your help.

Jean

I am still waiting for the starter so during that time I check around and try figuring what the problem might be with the carb. Since I can't start the engine, I can't try the adjustment.... I looked around the carb and the only indication that I can find is QUADRAJET so is it possible to identify what brand name and model of carb. it is with only this information?

Jean

Back