Logo

3.0 OMC out, switching to 3.0 Mercruiser

Divino92

So here is my question. . . . I Have a 1990 four winns right now that has the 3.0 omc motor and outdrive. I picked up a 2004 mercruiser 3.0 today for a great deal! It is brand new and has never been run. Came with the front motor mount , pretty much everything except for the wiring harness, even came with a engine coupler and bell housing that i think is made for a alpha 1 outrive. Will that work with my omc outdrive or do i use the old adapter and bellhousing off the original motor?? I want to keep the motor as factory as possible but i dont know if i can use my OMC riser on the mercruiser manifold either, and the throttle linkage seems to be a long different . Has anyone ever done this swap b4?? thanks again. Dave

you need the bell housing off the omc, you may be able to use the mani and riser from the merc but then you may have to get a little creative with the rubber hose.

The coupler and the flywheel i think will move over from the omc motor.

The harness will fit just remove all the wires off the motor and leave the barrel plug alone.

you need the bell housing off the omc, you may be able to use the mani and riser from the merc but then you may have to get a little creative with the rubber hose.

The coupler and the flywheel i think will move over from the omc motor.

The harness will fit just remove all the wires off the motor and leave the barrel plug alone.

Ok thank you for the reply. I think that i am just going to have to get creative with making a few of the brackets that are missing. I will post pictures of the progress. It will probably be a few weeks since i am replacing the floors and the stringers right now also :eek:

Back