Logo

yamaha 115 enduro reviews

sanurdiver

Hello

Any thoughts on the suitability of a Yammy 115 enduro for a 6 meter aluminum center console? I live in bali and have to use a two stroke as bad fuel and service are the norm. engine is on big side but need the power for when i have a load the the boat. any past experience?

Thanks

Sanur

6 meter aluminum (so a bit over 18 feet) is well suited to a 115 (90 to 125 horses would be "common").

It's difficult to make a bad choice with a Yami. There 2 strokes are well built and tend to last practically forever if they are taken care of.

What year is the motor you are looking at?

It will be new out of the box. needs to be a 2 stroke as its a little primitive out her in Indonesia. Any idea on the fuel consumption range for a boat like this?

thanks

Sanur diver

At full throttle she will burn about 11 gallons per hour (43 litres). At about 4000 rpms that will almost cut in half and actually give you your best "miles per gallon" rating.

2 strokes suck more gas (proportionate to how many miles they are covering) at both their bottom and top ends. Running in the 3500-4200 rpm range is generally their most efficient range. Their mpg (or litres per 100 kilometers) improves as you advance the throttle to that range and then starts to drop off again as you pass it.

Of course, with a heavy load it will take a bit more gas. That would be an "average" load - maybe 1/2 tank of gas, livewells or water tanks empty and 2-3 people on board.

Hello

Any thoughts on the suitability of a Yammy 115 enduro for a 6 meter aluminum center console? I live in bali and have to use a two stroke as bad fuel and service are the norm. engine is on big side but need the power for when i have a load the the boat. any past experience?

Thanks

Sanur
do not buy yamaha engines get evinrude or mercury check their websites

Don't listen to BostonWhale20 opinion. I've traveled the world surfing and have seen more Yamaha 2 strokes than anything else on the water. I have that motor and its bullet proof. It is thirsty as stated in earlier posts but will not give you any problems if you maintain it like you are supposed to. Just like anything else, if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Back