Logo

1993 50HP Johnson VJ50TLETF Electric Tilt and Trim clicking

XoDiViAoX

hi everyone,

i have this johnson outboard with electric tilt and trim and it always worked fine until i took it to a marine shop to get an engine problem fixed, they told me my tilt and trim was going out and ever since it's been making a clicking noise at the relay switches in the back when i try to raise it up or down and doesn't work. does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?

thank you

Trace he wires from the electric motor back to its connector and disconnect it. Run small jumper wires directly from the battery to the two wires leading to the electric motor. To make the motor run in the opposite direction, simply reverse the jumper wires. If the motor operates, then obviously it is okay.

If okay, remove all cables and wires associated with the PTT, one at a time, and thoroughly clean the terminals and whatever component they connect to..... a loose or tight but dirty connection results in a voltage drop.

hi everyone,

i have this johnson outboard with electric tilt and trim and it always worked fine until i took it to a marine shop to get an engine problem fixed, they told me my tilt and trim was going out and ever since it's been making a clicking noise at the relay switches in the back when i try to raise it up or down and doesn't work. does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?

thank you
Make sure ur switches all have a good ground try that had the same problem.

Back