Logo

oil change

i don't i pull the drain plug on the pan, you can cut the side out of a 4-5 quart jug of empty oil and drain into that, or drain into the bilge and out the drain hole of the bilge.

i don't i pull the drain plug on the pan, you can cut the side out of a 4-5 quart jug of empty oil and drain into that, or drain into the bilge and out the drain hole of the bilge.

Wow chief, that brings back some memories. The 1st sterndrive I bought I had no clue. I jammed a drain pan into the bilge and pulled the plug. put the plug back and couldn't get the pan back out. Ended up dumping it and draining out through the drain hole in the transom. Felt like an idiot when I learned the proper method.

Depending on how much clearance you have UNDER the engine..... I take a Cat Litter jug, and cut a hole in the side (not too big). I then lay it on its side, drain the engine, and carefully lift the jug out. I forgot to mention that I had already taped the lid shut. Stating this after having the lid pop off once just as I had it clear of the bilge.

Back