Logo

wont idle 2004 3.0

jerni21

hey guys i just recently bought a 2004 18' four winns, it has the 3.0 GLP-B in it and the thing runs great, but it wont idle too well, i had to turn it up to keep it from stalling while sitting there, i turned the idle up to around 1100 rpm out of gear and it'll idle like that no problem, i'm thinking it's possibly the fuel filter, i took the one out of the carb in the fuel inlet and cleaned it with carb cleaner but that didnt help, i know their is another one in the fuel pump but it is a PITA to get to, i'm probably gonna replace that this week. the fuel filter is the only thing left i did a complete tuneup on it, including all the oils, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor but did not think about the fuel filters, is their anything else that you guys can think of?

Re: wont idle

ok, heres an update, i replaced the filters, the one in the fuel pump was rediculous, had to pull the motor mount to remove the fuel pump in order to replace the filter, i wasnt able to do it tihe it still attched, not being able to see and only being able to get one hand in there, anyways, started it up, no difference but at least they are done for peace of mind, so next step was to adjust the carb. so i pried out those little caps and was able to adjust them and get the idle rpm down to about 950-1000, and it sounds better and starts easier, does the rpms sound about right? this is with the boat out of water and in neutral.

Back