Logo

ford 2700e

Tony, you have a 242 cubic inch 80 horse ford dorset diesel. No load rpm is 2800, max load 2300, continuos best fuel economy and torque is 1900.

Charlie, I have twin Ford Lehman engines with the 242 Cu In and 3.964 Ltrs stamped into the block. Is this a Dorset as well. I always thought the engines were 90hp. This is on the head... T2-703F6015.AAAI Any ideas would be much appreciated. I live in Papua New Guinea and need to get parts or a long motor. Any ideas on this front would be greatly appreciated as well. Best regards, Brendan

Brendan, you have 70's era dorset 80 horse. This engine has dry thin wall sleeves pressed in. unless engine was badly overheated, honing cylinders, replacing rings and bearings and valve job should get you more trouble free hours.
Let me know your needs=will see what I can locate.
Charlie W

Tony I have just purchased the exact same Ford engine as you, I am told it would be about 80 hp the rpm I don't know yet, I am at the stage of bench testing it, setting up the header tank and pipe system to run it, when I get it installed and running I'll let you know the other information what I'm looking for is the engine manual

Back